The Wee Free Men

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by erinacea of Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany on 12/19/2018
Journal Entry 1 by erinacea from Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Yet another book bought to read along with Mark discovering the Discworld.

I had actually read this book before, in German, though I didn't remember much of it except for it being about a girl called Tiffany who somehow ends up sorta married to one of the Smurf-like Feegles (not that I remembered the name).

The plot:
When the elf queen abducts Tiffany's little brother, Tiffany decides that (although she's only nine and doesn't even like her brother) no one is allowed to do that and that she will get him back. All she needs is a cast-iron frying pan and the company of a hundred of the "wee free men" who have a bit of a history with the elf queen themselves.

You know... I still don't have a clear memory of this book. What stuck out to me was Tiffany's amazing character (tenacious, resourceful, driven) and the deeply touching memories of her late grandmother, Granny Aching, that are masterfully woven into the story.

Next up: Monstrous Regiment