Esperanza Rising

by Pam Mu?oz Ryan | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingoriginalsliceywing of Kansas City, Missouri USA on 12/15/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingoriginalsliceywing from Kansas City, Missouri USA on Saturday, December 15, 2018
Paperback. Reserved for the 2018 What's In A Name Challenge.

Journal Entry 2 by wingoriginalsliceywing at Little Free Library, 28 S. 17th St. in Kansas City, Kansas USA on Monday, December 17, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (12/15/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 28 S. 17th St. in Kansas City, Kansas USA

Picked up this copy of Esperanza Rising at a LFL in Kansas City and wanted to leave it somewhere else in KCK where there is a Hispanic population and kids/teens that might really appreciate this book.

I was going to take a photo of the release, but as I was walking to the LFL there was suddenly an eruption of gunshots on the street corner just a few houses down from here. Needless to say, I just dropped the book and ran, but I'm attaching a photo of the incident report. Luckily no one died and the police were on the scene immediately. As I was driving away (in the opposite direction from the shooter(s)) a cop car threw on its lights and siren and zoomed right past me in that direction.

Before that happened, this seemed like a nice neighborhood for releases, but I probably won't be returning. Sorry. Still hope someone finds this book and enjoys it! [News Report]