The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

by Douglas Adams | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on 4/21/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Sunday, April 21, 2019
This book starts its journey with BookCrossing from Delphi, Greece
______________________________________________________

" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has been a radio show, TV show, stage play, comic book and film, and is and a work of utter comic genius from Douglas Adams.
One Thursday lunchtime the Earth gets unexpectedly demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass. It's the final straw for Arthur Dent, who has already had his house bulldozed that morning. But for Arthur, that is only the beginning . . . In the seconds before global obliteration, Arthur is plucked from the planet by his friend Ford Prefect - and together the pair venture out across the galaxy on the craziest, strangest road trip of all time. "

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue it's journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Wednesday, July 10, 2019
I was planning to read Douglas Adams since donkey's years but like most book-lovers know, there are so many books, so little time and all that... Anyhow, when I stumbled upon The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I knew the time has finally come.

The intoduction from the author, clarifying as best as possible how/when he got his ideas and developed them and how the whole Hitchhiker's universe saga unfolded (starting with BBC radio episodes and then expanding on different media on different versions with different content) was very usefull too.

I don't want to write much about the plot and the characters, many people would be familiar with these anyway and it would be a pitty to spoil it for those who aren't familiar!
I'll just say that this book was quirky, enjoyable, fast-paced, light, humorous and I guess very original and refreshing when it was first introduced in the world! I'm glad I read it in its original language because some things wouldn't translate very much on the spirit of the writting/humour. And I'm very much looking to now find the other books in the series.

Released 1 mo ago (7/11/2019 UTC) at OBCZ RABCK, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This book along with a few others is now travelling to UK in order to enrich the selves of a new Official Book Crossing Zone at the Jurys Inn in Plymouth, Devon .

And then... who knows?

Good Luck my book and Don't forget to write your news from time to time!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Arrived safely today, will be taking it down to the OBCZ on Friday

Journal Entry 5 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Jury's Inn in Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, July 18, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (7/22/2019 UTC) at Jury's Inn in Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Plymouth, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 23, 2019
I picked this book up and another one from a bookshelf at the hotel I’m staying in during my visit to Plymouth, I will be taking it back to London with me