Wave Me Goodbye

by Jacqueline Wilson | Audiobooks | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1448198062 Global Overview for this book
Registered by LittleWhiteBird of Pasadena, California USA on 12/14/2018
Journal Entry 1 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Friday, December 14, 2018
"September, 1939. As the Second World War begins, 10-year-old Shirley is sent away on a train with her schoolmates. She doesn’t know where she’s going, or what’s going to happen to her when she gets there. All she has been told is that she’s going on ‘a little holiday.’

Shirley is billeted in the country, with two boys from East End London, Kevin and Archie – and their experiences living in the strange, half-empty Red House, with the mysterious and reclusive Mrs Waverley, will change their lives forever.

Award-winning, bestselling, and beloved author Jacqueline Wilson turns to this period of history for the first time, in this beautiful, moving story of friendship and bravery against the backdrop of the worst conflict the world has ever known."

The description reminded me a little of the Chronicles of Narnia, about the same time and also children from London. So I picked it up from the library book store since I like audiobooks and am interested in reading books set in that time.
10 CDs, 11 hours 30 minutes, unabridged.
This was still new in shrinkwrap when I got it.