The Kind Worth Killing

by Peter Swanson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Aramena of Moore, Oklahoma USA on 12/12/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, December 12, 2018
I enjoyed the Favourite Book of 2017 Roundabout, so am gladly particpating in the 2018 roundabout, and have chosen this book as my contribution. I read this book in March of 2018, and am excited to share it with others!

Here's the posting order for the roundabout:

Math-Girl
Fifna
Icila
Lamilla
Estelle1806

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks of this book, and to discovering some new books this year!

Journal Entry 2 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Finally got to the post office this morning so the book has started it's journey!

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 29, 2018
Waiting for me when I got back from my Christmas hols - looks interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 15, 2019
Apologies for delaying this at the start of its journey.

This book really plays with your sense of what is morally right and wrong. Is there a kind of person it is worth killing? I think most of us would agree there probably is, but would we do it? Lily’s twisted kind of logic made sense to me but none of the characters were particularly likeable and I’m sure they weren’t meant to be. It’s a gripping read with nice unexpected twists and a little bit of humour humour.

Journal Entry 5 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom

Sending on in the roundabout.

Journal Entry 6 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 28, 2019
This has now arrived with me, not an author I'm familiar with, so looking forward to getting stuck in!

Journal Entry 7 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 02, 2019
Sorry, this wasn't really my cup of tea! I found the characters to be unpleasant and unbelievable. I kept reading to the end to see what the plot twists were, but found them to be a bit ...meh. And the ending felt a bit lazy to me.

Journal Entry 8 by caroline-m at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (3/6/2019 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off in the post to dark-draco today!

Journal Entry 9 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 11, 2019
Received - thank you :)

Journal Entry 10 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 11, 2019
Well, I wasn't expecting that! When I started reading, I thought this was going to be the same old story of two strangers agreeing to kill someone in the other person's life. But it soon twists out of shape as the story takes unexpected routes and the characters get dragged into a rather complicated situation.

I did the feel the ending was a little unsatisfying and the final twist on the last page a bit easy to see coming, but otherwise I was completely intrigued by Lily and her unusual morals. I think we've all wondered on occasions whether we could get away with murder? And it seems as if she has the knack for it. None of the characters are very likeable though - even Kimball, the cop, seems a bit weird and sinister at the end - what is it with all the rude limericks? - so the title of the book is kind of apt - they are ALL 'the kind worth killing' in the end!

Released 3 mos ago (4/16/2019 UTC) at BOOK ROUNDABOUT, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to the next recipient of the 'Favourite Book of 2018' Roundabout.

Journal Entry 12 by Arvores at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Monday, April 29, 2019
It's with me now, safe and sound.
Thank you.

Journal Entry 13 by Arvores at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Sunday, May 05, 2019
Not my kind of book, I'm afraid.
I'll soon pass it on to the next reader.
Thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 14 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 11, 2019
Arrived safely, thanks Arvores!

Journal Entry 15 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, May 26, 2019
A great, twisted story with characters you love to hate, or is it hate to love? The one thing I didn't buy into though was the way Kimball acted towards the end. I can see why that was put in and where it was leading to, but I didn't find it convincing. Apart from that, I enjoyed it though.

Journal Entry 16 by wingFifnawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, May 26, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (5/27/2019 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

Travelling to Icila.

Journal Entry 17 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, June 07, 2019
Arrived along with Earthcaroleanne's book while I was traveling. Thank you !

Journal Entry 18 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, June 20, 2019
I enjoyed this book a lot. I totally agree with earthcaroleanne, dark-draco and Fifna and since my English isn't so good I don't need to add my prose.
I read the author's notes and I'm going to follow his advice concerning the great books that inspired him.

Journal Entry 19 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, July 01, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (7/1/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Lamilla. Have a nice summer.