The Enchanted Islands: The Galapagos Discovered

by John Hickman | History |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 12/11/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2018
I got this softcover from a local Savers thrift shop. It's a colorful look at the Galapagos Islands, featuring its wildlife as well as its history. Dramatic and sometimes tragic incidents involving people stranded on the islands (which are mostly without fresh water) contrast with modern attempts at conservation, and the natural wonders contrast with some very colorful human behaviors (check out the bit about the nudist German with the steel dentures (!)).

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Upland Road in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 23, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (3/24/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Upland Road in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on Upland Road in Cambridge MA, on my way to a BookCrossing Meetup at the Porter Square Panera; hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2019 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***