This May Sound Crazy

by Abigail Breslin | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingoriginalsliceywing of Kansas City, Missouri USA on 12/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingoriginalsliceywing from Kansas City, Missouri USA on Monday, December 10, 2018
Bookcrossing: n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise. - from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary

Bookcrossers are people who love to read and want to share their joy of reading with the world. We, as bookcrossers, purchase books and leave them somewhere "in the wild" for people to find.
-----
Registered by originalslicey, Kansas City, MO, USA on December 10, 2018.
Harcover. Purchased at a discount store.

This is like a teen / self-help book from actress Abigail Breslin. It sounds interesting and I like her as an actress, so it's worth checking out.

I haven't read this yet. Leaving for a co-worker to read, or I may pick it back up myself at a later date to read. Released as part of the 2018 What's In A Name Challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by wingoriginalsliceywing at Kansas City, Missouri USA on Wednesday, January 16, 2019
This was sort of terrible. I bought it because I was planning on reading some strong female empowerment books this year, and I like Abigail Breslin as an actress. The vast majority of this book did not seem empowering. It seemed like a super privileged, Upper West Side teenager with only "first world problems" giving relationship advice. I don't know how many boyfriends and different relationship experiences a 19-year old can have, but she managed to fill a whole book with them. I am definitely not the target age for this book, but I think a 14-15 year old might find this empowering. There was one or two good chapters on breakups - getting over them and also how to break-up with someone in a kind way. There were some good tips on friendship as well, but the entire thing reads like a personal Tumblr account - complete with emojis and text speak. There also wasn't anything here that you couldn't find in Seventeen magazine or Teen Vogue articles, but like most teenagers, Abigail thinks her life is interesting enough that you would want to read about it. But we don't get much of her life, just first names of friends and guys she likes. A lot of times I wondered what the point of it all was - it was like reading an uninteresting diary - and none of it was "crazy." I'll skip the books by teen authors in the future.

Released 3 mos ago (1/28/2019 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Since I read this book, I've picked up a few books I couldn't even finish, so in retrospect I would rate this a 4-5 - higher than I originally rated it.

I recommend Chapter 8 and Chapter 15 which ends "Don't settle for being the best friend. Don't settle for less. Be the romantic lead."

Released into the the Feminism/Girl Power Bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Friday, April 05, 2019
Pulled this from the bookbox. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Thursday, May 23, 2019
This is a simple book, really. I read it in an hour last night, but enjoyed it and thought that it would be a great book for a young woman to refer to after a break-up. Abigail's advice to let things go, to preserve your own sanity and not stalk your ex on social media is so spot on. Break-ups are painful. Her advice is solid and I took some of it to heart myself -- even as a grown woman.

Adding to elizardbreath's memoir bookbox. Enjoy!