Plutocrats

by Chrystia Freeland | Business & Investing | This book has not been rated.
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 12/9/2018
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 09, 2018
Gave this to my dad as a present. He read it all said it was interesting.

From Chapters:
In the last few decades what it means to be rich has changed dramatically. Forget the 1%; it's the wealthiest .01% who are fast outpacing the rest of us. Today's colossal fortunes are amassed by the diligent toiling of smart, perceptive businessmen who see themselves as deserving victors in a cutthroat international competition.
Cracking open this tight-knit world is Chrystia Freeland, an acclaimed business journalist. At ease in Davos or Dubai, Freeland has reported on the lives and minds of these new super-elites for nearly decade. Grounding her interviews in the economics and history of modern capitalism, she provides examples of the new wealth and its consequences. She showcases the $3 million birthday party of a New York financier months before the financial meltdown; details the closed-door 2005 SEC meeting where the US government allowed investment banks to write their own regulatory laws; and tells how the Bank of Canada's Mark Carney became a key figure in the central battle between the plutocracy and the rest of us.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (4/13/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.