The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street

by Karina Yan Glaser | Children's Books |
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 12/8/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, December 08, 2018
Reading now.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Ambler, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, December 09, 2018
I read this in a day and really enjoyed it! As it happens, it takes place at Christmastime. I hadn't realized it was seasonal when I picked it up, so that was a pleasant surprise.

The novel was a bit unrealistic and saccharine in places, as well as very predictable. Also, the epilogue was completely unnecessary and detracted from, rather than added to, the book. It should have been cut. However, the characterization and smooth writing style were real strengths. I fell in love with the Vanderbeeker family and Glaser's prose never got in the way as I followed them along their delightful journey. Recommended if you would like to pay a visit to a kinder, gentler world for a few hours.

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Wegmans in Warrington, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (4/23/2019 UTC) at Wegmans in Warrington, Pennsylvania USA

Left on a table in the second floor dining area. I hope the finder enjoys the book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Warrington, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, May 12, 2019
Was almost thrown out! Saved it. I'm going to release it out into the book galaxy.