Faceless Killers

by Henning Mankell | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 009957182X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Cfreckle of Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/7/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Cfreckle from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 07, 2018
One frozen January morning at 5am, Inspector Wallander responds to what he believes is a routine call out. When he reaches the isolated farmhouse he discovers a bloodbath.

An old man has been tortured and beaten to death, his wife lies barely alive beside his shattered body, both victims of a violence beyond reason. The woman supplies Wallander with his only clue: the perpetrators may have been foreign. When this is leaked to the press, it unleashes a tide of racism.

Wallander's life is a shambles. His wife has left him, his daughter refuses to speak to him, and even his ageing father barely tolerates him. He works tirelessly, eats badly, and drinks his nights away. But now Wallander must forget his troubles and throw himself into a battle against time and against mounting racial hatred.

Journal Entry 2 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 07, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/7/2018 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Merry Christmas x

Journal Entry 3 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 25, 2018
Don’t think I’ve read anything by this author - thank you Santa - I love matchmakers 😋

15 Feb 19 - I’ve read a lot of crime novels over the years so when I saw that this had made it to the 1001 list I was intrigued. It starts off with quite a brutal murder of a couple on a farm and the mystery to find the killer. You soon meet Wallander who is going through a tough time in his personal life and takes the lead in this case. Despite his troubles I appreciated his determination to find the killers, although at times I felt there was too much info about his digestive system that didn’t really seem relevant to the story. I actually quite liked the fact that this wasn’t fast paced with the crimes solved in a matter of days or weeks, with cliff hanger endings to the chapters, and that it actually took several months which seems more like real life. I would certainly like to read the next in the series to see how it progresses.

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/18/2019 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sending as a RABCK

Journal Entry 5 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Book arrived safely. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading it.