The Lightkeeper's Daughters

by Jean E. Pendziwol | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by snoopy56 of Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on 12/5/2018
Journal Entry 1 by snoopy56 from Ormesby St Margaret, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 05, 2018
This is an intriguing story ,set partly in the present and partly in the early 20C, about a family living on a remote island on Lake Superior where the father is the lighthouse keeper. It focuses on the sisters Emily and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is now living in a nursing home when she takes possession of her elder brother’s journals which have been retrieved from the wreck of his yacht. Elizabeth befriends a troubled girl called Morgan who has been forced to do voluntary work at the nursing home. Because of her failing eyesight Elizabeth asks Morgan to start reading the journals out loud to her and gradually the story unfolds together with Morgan’s unexpected connection to the family.
The ending was surprising and it took some time to figure it all out (almost to the point of having to write notes !).

Journal Entry 2 by snoopy56 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/6/2018 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

Passing to fellow bookcrosser Daffodil-2.

Journal Entry 3 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, December 06, 2018
Received from Snoopy56 when we met for lunch today. Thanks very much-it looks like my kind of book.

Journal Entry 4 by daffodil-2 at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, February 07, 2019
REVIEW:-"Sad to say I felt the need to skim this book after around 150 pages. Later I began to read it properly once the journals were discovered. It was quite a confusing and complicated story once it got to the final waterlogged diary. This in itself was quite a miracle in the way it was able to be dried out and read perfectly eventually. There were far too many coincidences concerning the twins and various other children but I don't want to put any spoilers in here.
At the end I still wasn't quite sure who Morgan really was."

I shall be re-releasing the book soon.

Journal Entry 5 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, March 04, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (3/4/2019 UTC) at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom

This book was given to my "old" school-friend Widget-1 when we met for a mini school reunion today. I believe one of our other school pals has earmarked it to read next. Happy travels little book.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.

Journal Entry 6 by Widget-1 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, March 04, 2019
I was given this book as a controlled release by my friend daffodil-2 at the Ramblers Cafe in North Walsham Garden Centre.We met for coffee with 7 other ex-school friends.