My Absolute Darling

by Gabriel Tallent | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingIddyluwing of Durham, New Hampshire USA on 12/4/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingIddyluwing from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, December 04, 2018
Purchased today at the Friends of the Durham Public Library book sale room at the DPL in Durham, NH.

Journal Entry 2 by wingIddyluwing at Manchester, New Hampshire USA on Monday, March 25, 2019
This is the book that came with me to my orchestra concert yesterday; I read it while waiting in between our sets :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingIddyluwing at Durham, New Hampshire USA on Monday, April 01, 2019
What a good book - Tallent is an excellent writer. Though as a warning, because the cover summary doesn't make it clear: child sexual abuse is a major theme of this one, and there are a couple of graphic scenes of it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingIddyluwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, April 27, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (4/27/2019 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Bringing to today's meet-up of the Boston Bookcrossers.

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, April 27, 2019
I picked this up at today's meetup; thanks!

Later: Very atmospheric writing, which is both good and bad; I felt a strong sense of place, of Turtle's life in the woods - but I also felt the truly horrifying abuse she suffered, and the ways in which it warped her and triggered more broken situations down the line. And I admit that the wrenching hope-spot near the end, where she tries to save a trapped fawn only to have it give up in terror and weakness, made me wonder whether she's ever going to get out of her own trap...

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, June 27, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (6/28/2019 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm sending this to BCer Chicvolley99 to help re-start the lost-in-the-mail Already Been Crossed bookbox. Enjoy!

*** Released for the 2019 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 7 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, July 04, 2019
Received from GoryDetails to help restart the Already Been Crossed bookbox. Thank you so much!