Gray Matter

by Bob Elsdale | Humor |
ISBN: 0740762095 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 12/3/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, December 03, 2018
I got this hardcover from a local Salvation Army thrift shop. It's a lighthearted look at aging, and comes complete with a small magnifying device in a flap inside the front cover - the jacket-flap says "Is your eyesight not what it was?" in descending-size eye-chart form. The photos of elephants doing a variety of things - from holding an umbrella to basking on the beach - are charming, and I appreciated the author's note at the end about how the animals were handled during the process of creating the images. The captions are mildly amusing/inspirational, but it's those elephants that make the book! My favorite photo: "Just remember to stay away from trouble," which shows an elephant calf snuggled next to its mother as a scary-looking crab waves its claws nearby.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Panera Bread, 590 Amherst St. in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/18/2018 UTC) at Panera Bread, 590 Amherst St. in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book on a window ledge in the entrance of Panera; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 What's In A Name release challenge, for the embedded "Ray" and "Matt" in the title. ***