Heart of the Artichoke and Other Kitchen Journeys

by David Tanis | Cooking, Food & Wine |
ISBN: 157965407X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/30/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, November 30, 2018
I got this handsome hardcover from this Little Free Library in Dracut MA while dropping off some books of my own.

Later: This is a beautifully formatted mix of recipes, personal memoirs, and cooking tips, accompanied by mouthwatering photos. There are seasonal menus, with some unexpected combinations in among the classics - the "asparagus-scrambled eggs" intrigued me, as it's an obvious combination now that I think of it, but I'd never... well, thought of it before! And the more typical recipes are still very tempting, such as the Terrine of Pork and Duck Liver. (At the end are tips on more elaborate feasts, such as suckling pig - or a roast turkey that's been deboned, so that the entire roasted bird not only fits in a smaller oven but can be sliced like a galantine.)

The author's comments on various cuisines - and his fondness for some, and challenges re others - add depth to the book.

Released 1 mo ago (2/29/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library, North Fitchburg LFL in Fitchburg, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in this memorial LFL on this cold, windy day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

Released for: