What If It's Us

by Adam Silvera, Becky Albertalli | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Fantasma of Carnaxide, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on 11/28/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Fantasma from Carnaxide, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, it’s that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.

Ben thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldn’t be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriend’s things.

But when Arthur and Ben meet-cute at the post office, what exactly does the universe have in store for them?

Maybe nothing. After all, they get separated.

Maybe everything. After all, they get reunited.

But what if they can’t quite nail a first date . . . or a second first date . . . or a third?

What if Arthur tries too hard to make it work . . . and Ben doesn’t try hard enough?

What if life really isn’t like a Broadway play?

But what if it is?

Journal Entry 2 by Fantasma at Carnaxide, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, January 9, 2019
I don't know, maybe my expectations were too high, but I wasn't as moved by this book as I was expecting and hoping... a lot of things got on my nerves and I didn't like the ending - maybe this part is totally my fault, but...
A good read anyway.