I Spy Christmas

by Jean Marzollo, Walter Wick | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/27/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2018
I got this fair-condition hardcover from a local Goodwill thrift shop, for another release copy.

I've enjoyed many of Wick's books, both in his "Can You See What I See" series and in the "I Spy" series. This book has a Christmas theme, with some of the pictures featuring wintry landscapes or toys under the tree, and others showing heaps of related objects - ornaments, candy, toys - against more neutral backgrounds. [One of my favorites is the one that appears to be taken outdoors in the snow - assorted different branches, pine cones, ornaments, nuts, and other tiny items all scattered around. Very pretty - and a charming idea for a centerpiece!] As always, it can be a challenge to find all the hidden objects, including the special one that appears in all the pictures.

For a more elaborate Christmas-themed picture-riddle book, I recommend Wick's Night Before Christmas "Can You See What I See" book. But this one's fun, too!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Rotary Pool in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, December 01, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (12/1/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Rotary Pool in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 What's In A Name release challenge. ***