Queen of all the Dust-Balls

Registered by judysh of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 11/24/2018
Journal Entry 1 by judysh from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, November 24, 2018
Great Canadian personality, from CBC Radio to print - read and enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by judysh at Second Cup – Graham & Edmonton in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, December 01, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (12/1/2018 UTC) at Second Cup – Graham & Edmonton in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Off to a bookcrosser's home, to be read and enjoyed.

Journal Entry 3 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, December 01, 2018
judysh brought two books by CBC Radio personalities to our Winnipeg BookCrossing meetup today (Stuart McLean was the other one) which gave me an idea for next year's Canada Days release challenge theme. So I'm going to keep this one for a while.

Journal Entry 4 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, May 27, 2019
I always enjoyed listening to Bill Richardson on CBC particularly when he had his own radio show. His quirky brand of humour is shown off in this small collection of poems that he wrote when he was a frequent guest on the Vicki Gabereau show. Listeners would write in with requests for poems and Bill would oblige.

My favourite is The Teutonic Plague on page 72. The gist of the poem is that a man and a woman set off on a lovely summer day to have a picnic. Here's a few stanzas to show Bill's take:
You spread our woolly afghan out; I cracked the Chardonnay;
You disabused the hamper of its dishes;
We spread our feast before us raised a glass up to the day
And praised whatever gods had heard our wishes.

The picnic we devoured fast--the food scarce grazed our forks;
The Chardonnay we likewise quickly guzzled.
The cool Champagne was warming so we freed it of its cork:
One glass then two and we began to nuzzle.

If there are children present I'd advise you send them out:
For just as sowing seeds must lead to threshing
When wine-drenched grownups start to nuzzle there is little doubt
They're on the twisty path to full-scale meshing.

The title refers to the busload of German tourists who stop by to take pictures to the dismay of the nude couple.

In a tribute to Bill's birthplace the picnic feast included Winnipeg cream cheese!

Good fun for all (at least if they are adult).

Released 6 mos ago (5/28/2019 UTC) at Somewhere in centre in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

I left this book on a bench at a bus stop in front of Sainsburys . This release is for the 2019 52 Towns in 52 weeks release challenge - Town # 7 and for the 2019 Keep Them Moving (KTM) challenge.

When you find a BookCrossing book it is yours to do with what you like. You can read it and keep it or pass it on or if you don't think it is your kind of book pass it on to someone who might like it or release it in a spot for someone else to find like you just did. Whatever you choose it would be great if you could write a short note letting us know what new adventures the book is on.