Jalamanta

by Rudolfo A. Anaya | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by book-a-billy of München, Bayern Germany on 11/24/2018
Journal Entry 1 by book-a-billy from München, Bayern Germany on Saturday, November 24, 2018
After thirty years wandering in The desert, Amado returns home after bring banished by a government that considers his ideas about religion and the state to ne dangerous and subversive. Amado finde his People living in squalor and violence. Now called "Jalamanta", he is a man transformed; through suffering he has attained wisdom, through introspection he has acquired insight. Jalamanta teaches that the way to salvation is to follow the Path of the Sun, to see its light, and to understand one's connection to the Universal Spirit. Forced to live in tha dark shadow of a regime determined to repress him, Jalamanta carries a message of hope for his People - and for us all.

Journal Entry 2 by book-a-billy at München, Bayern Germany on Saturday, November 24, 2018
Well, I liked the idea of Jalamanta's Religion and You Can lesen something about old Mexican beliefs. However, as I already knew about Indian beliefs, which are quite similar, only Jalamanta's Path of the Sun was knew to me. All in all, there were much too many repetitions - he explains his religion again and again - and it was too esoteric for my taste.