Shadows in the Asylum

by D. A. Stern | Horror |
ISBN: 1578602041 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingIddyluwing of Durham, New Hampshire USA on 11/23/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingIddyluwing from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Friday, November 23, 2018
I love epistolary fiction! I ordered this one off Amazon in 2012 and am giving it a quick reread before sending it off.

Journal Entry 2 by wingIddyluwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, December 08, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (12/8/2018 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Bringing this along to the Boston Bookcrossers meeting this afternoon for trading. If no one takes it then it'll come back home with me.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 09, 2018
I got this book at today's Meetup at the Porter Square Panera. (It was a lovely meetup, with some new faces as well as old friends; thanks to all! And it was great to finally meet you, Iddylu - not least because I seem to have grabbed so many of the books you brought {wry grin}!)

I love epistolary fiction too, especially with a found-document format, so when I saw this one I pounced on it. The Lovecraftian influence doesn't hurt either!

Later: Nice little creepy story, with the fragmentary records and increasingly disturbing notes building to a very unnerving climax. There's a lot of misdirection as to who or what is causing the bizarre events in the asylum, and plenty of clues as to what's really going on; I was a bit late in figuring this out myself, but did spot a couple of things before the materials spelled them out.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (12/25/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 4 Lake St in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this chilly day. Hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***