Mysteriousmummys Favourite Lines Bookbox

Registered by mysteriousmummy of Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on 11/21/2018
Journal Entry 1 by mysteriousmummy from Shefford, Bedfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Welcome to the Favourite Lines Bookbox.

You pick one (or more) of your favourite books that has a line that you love in it, you wrap the book and label it with the favourite line on the front and people pick the book based on that. It would be preferable that the favourite line it not the first line, then I don’t feel as much as if I am poaching other people’s ideas!

The box will start with as many books as I can fit in for under 2kg and should always have a minimum of 4 books to allow a range of choice for other participants. Please keep it under 2kg to keep the cost down to the £2.95 second class post cost.

When you receive it please journal it, I have put in a card with the BCID in it, please make sure this stays in the box.

Choose one book or more based on the favourite line and add your replacement wrapped and favourite line labelled books. Can you also make a forum post here and let us know what favourite line you picked and what book it was.

Please PM the next person for their address and send on to them. Remember to journal when you “release” it and to “catch” any books you remove.

OK awesome, I have enough players now, so the order will be:

1. Plum-Crazy
9. Reetpetite
10. Tattoolady
11. Jules5

then back to me

Journal Entry 2 by mysteriousmummy at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (11/21/2018 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Winging its way to Plum Crazy soon.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 29, 2018
It's here! Will study the lines, make my choices & move it on.....

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (12/4/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to caroline-m

Journal Entry 5 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 09, 2018
Received this on Friday, I know what I'm putting into it but still not sure what I'm taking out...will update app and get it on it's way!

Journal Entry 6 by caroline-m at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, December 10, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (12/11/2018 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I selected 'Obstinate, headstrong girl!' which turned out to be Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Now off in the post to the next participant!

Journal Entry 7 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (1/3/2019 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

I've taken "Anton was, to his great embarrassment, not very good at black magic, which was why he had reluctantly called Terry Parkinson, Occultist and Roofer (generous Rates for Pensioners)." This is More Scary Kisses. Also chose "I couldn't believe it, I had broken the law simply by not wearing clothes. This is The Humans.
Sending to the next person in the 'favourite lines' bookring

Journal Entry 8 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 08, 2019
This box arrived this afternoon. There are some very interesting lines...And one that I think I recognise! (which is very unlike me!) Not sure which one I will pick yet but I will choose quickly and then post it on it's way.

Journal Entry 9 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 10, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (1/10/2019 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Posted to the next person on the list.

Hope you have fun choosing your books xx

Journal Entry 10 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, January 14, 2019
Arrived safely! I'm not sure which lines I'll choose. There are so many options!!!
Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by Silver-Greece at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 07, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (2/7/2019 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

I sent it to the next person on the list. Sorry for taking me so long. I made it quite heavy at first and I wanted to finish another book to add!
Thank you again for sharing!

Journal Entry 12 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, February 11, 2019
I seem to have a bonanza of books today! This has come in; the final book in a series has returned home and I received my Valentines bookbox too (stashed until the correct day & not too long to wait now). What do I read first I wonder?

I have sent a pm to the next in line so I'll have a check and decide what to put in here first (and type up the line - you would not wish to try and read my handwriting I assure you!) before I decide what to take out. Ooh, lots of book excitement.

Journal Entry 13 by Flutterbies9 at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (2/27/2019 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

One of the three bookboxes I have going out this week.

Happy travels!

Journal Entry 14 by foreternity at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
This is such a great idea for a book box. I'll be getting it in the post tomorrow.

Journal Entry 15 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 01, 2019
The box has arrived, thank you!

Journal Entry 16 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 20, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (5/20/2019 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Travelling to ReetPetite who is next in the ring.

Journal Entry 17 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 23, 2019
The box is with me. Thanks greenbadger

Journal Entry 18 by wingTattooladywing at Chippenham, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, June 03, 2019
Just received bookbox will look through the books later on. Thank you.

I choose
The world number one was a gnarly oak from Georgian farming stock- break point James Patterson
The radiator on the wall next to him had more personality - the narrow bed Sophie Hannah.

Journal Entry 19 by wingTattooladywing at Chippenham, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 06, 2019
Just posted bookbox to next person on the list.

Journal Entry 20 by jules5 at Darlington, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, June 10, 2019
It's arrived!! Will make my choices soon and contact next on the list 😊

Journal Entry 21 by wingNataliec7wing at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, June 24, 2019
Its with me with an exciting choice of books. Will make my choices and get it on its way in the next couple of days.