We should all be feminists

by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingduffeliwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/19/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingduffeliwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 19, 2020
A personal and powerful essay from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, the bestselling author of Americanah and Half of a Yellow Sun

‘I would like to ask that we begin to dream about and plan for a different world. A fairer world. A world of happier men and happier women who are truer to themselves. And this is how to start: we must raise our daughters differently. We must also raise our sons differently…’

What does “feminism” mean today?

In this personal, eloquently argued essay – adapted from her much-admired Tedx talk of the same name – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie offers readers a unique definition of feminism for the twenty-first century, one rooted in inclusion and awareness. Drawing extensively on her own experiences and her deep understanding of the often masked realities of sexual politics, here is one remarkable author’s exploration of what it means to be a woman now – an of-the-moment rallying cry for why we should all be feminists.

Journal Entry 2 by wingduffeliwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, June 06, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (6/6/2020 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Posti kuljettaa eteenpäin. Hyviä lukuhetkiä!

Journal Entry 3 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, June 12, 2020
Thanks for the book, duffeli! I think I'll read this right away.

Journal Entry 4 by Mecu at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Thursday, June 18, 2020
"Gender matters everywhere in the world. And I would like today to ask that we should begin to dream about and plan for a different world. A fairer world. A world of happier men and happier women who are truer to themselves. And this is how to start: we must raise our daughters differently. We must also raise our sons differently."

A word. Everyone should read this little booklet and think about what is said.