Bridge of Clay

by Markus Zusak | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 176055992X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbronwynawing of Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on 11/17/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingbronwynawing from Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Registering for our Melbourne meetup. It is my contribution to Bad Santa Kris Kringle. Christmas meetup

Journal Entry 2 by winglmn60wing at Spotswood, Victoria Australia on Saturday, July 27, 2019
I scored this one at the Kris Kringle meetup and have only just realised that I hadn't journalled it. Bad bookcrosser!
I wasn't a huge fan of 'The Book Thief' but had read how long Zusak had slaved over this follow up novel and had hopes that I'd enjoy it more than his first effort.
Sadly, I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of Zusak. His writing is often beautiful but I just find that he 'goes on' a bit and IMHO could do with a strong editor to ameliorate his tendency to 'pad things out'. I also struggled to engage with his characters - and found myself skipping forward to finish this one.
I'm pretty sure it'll be popular with other bookcrossers though and will take it along to meetup to share with them.

Journal Entry 3 by winglmn60wing at Sir Duke - Cafe in Moonee Ponds, Victoria Australia on Saturday, July 27, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (7/28/2019 UTC) at Sir Duke - Cafe in Moonee Ponds, Victoria Australia

Taking along to meetup where it will either be snaffled by another bookcrosser or continue its travels....

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, lmn60, as your referring member. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingJean-Solwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 28, 2019
I was the one snaffling it up. I have read 2 of Zusak's books and find him interesting. This sounds like a monument, whether that's a good thing or not, I will soon find out! Thanks bronwyna and lmn60.