The Rotters' Club

by Jonathan Coe | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by stephen-1702 of Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on 4/5/2004
Journal Entry 1 by stephen-1702 from Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, April 05, 2004
funny, warm, feel-good but not sentimental.

Journal Entry 2 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, July 27, 2006
Got it today, thank you very much for sharing stephen-1702.

Journal Entry 3 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, September 01, 2006
Thanks again stephen-1702 for sharing.
I found this book to be a very accurate description of “growing up” in the 70’s. Also very funny, not in the laughing-out-loud way but in the constant-smile way.
It makes you read compulsively, not because of an amazing plot, but because you can identify yourself with many of the characters, it makes you wonder if you’d do it the same way or not, if faced with the same choices.
The continuous change of perspective is very refreshing and doesn’t allow you to ever get bored.

Journal Entry 4 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, December 06, 2006
My life in BC has the most amazing coincidences, one might even call it serendipity.
This book goes now to my BC X-mas secret friend.
We are connected in all sorts of ways and it's great.
Have a nice Easter!!!

Journal Entry 5 by PaiNatal from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Para onde irá este livro? Feliz Natal, ho ho ho...

Journal Entry 6 by wingcontowing from Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, December 11, 2006
Wow! How funny! I almost can't believe it!!! Is this serendipity indeed or what?!!!...

(Adorei Kizmiaz, obrigada amigo!)

I wish I could start reading it as right now, bur it will have to climb Mt. TBR and be patient up there for a while, I'm afraid!

Journal Entry 7 by wingcontowing from Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Saturday, January 13, 2007
I just couldn't get away from reading it for longer, so... it's done!
I'll have to get to "The Closed Circle" now...

I enjoyed myself quite a lot while reading this book. Growing up can really be complicated at times, but it also brings the greatest experiences you'll get in life. And I guess that's what this book is all about in the end, with a brilliant portrait of a time that I feel a bit like mine as well.

Thanks a lot Kizmiaz for the greatest Xmas present this year!