Coffin Road

by Peter May | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by darkhorse4460 of Bletchingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 11/14/2018
Journal Entry 1 by darkhorse4460 from Bletchingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 14, 2018
A man stands bewildered on a deserted beach on the Hebridean Isle of Harris. He cannot remember who he is. The only clue to his identity is a folded map of a path named the Coffin Road. He does not know where this search will take him.

A detective from Lewis sits aboard a boat, filled with doubt. DS George Gunn knows that a bludgeoned corpse has been discovered on a remote rock twenty miles offshore. He does not know if he has what it takes to uncover how and why.

A teenage girl lies in her Edinburgh bedroom, desperate to discover the truth about her scientist father's suicide. Two years on, Karen Fleming still cannot accept that he would wilfully abandon her. She does not yet know his secret.

I enjoyed this thriller with its atmospheric Hebridean setting and the thought provoking environmental element (no spoilers!) A jigsaw of a plot, cleverly put together, although I did feel it was a teeny bit contrived to begin with.

Journal Entry 2 by darkhorse4460 at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 15, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (11/17/2018 UTC) at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Going to BC meet at the Kings Arms, Oxford

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Picked up at today's meetup in Oxford.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, January 06, 2019
I was totally caught up in this story, helped it was New Year and I have a little extra reading time. It is the first standalone of May's books that I have read and I will certainly try some more. Highly recommended.