Pachinko (National Book Award Finalist)

by Min Jin Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingJean-Solwing of Melbourne, Victoria Australia on 11/13/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingJean-Solwing from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, November 13, 2018
In a small fishing village on the banks of the East Sea, a club-footed, cleft-lipped man marries a fifteen-year-old girl. The couple have one child, their beloved daughter Sunja. When Sunja falls pregnant by a married yakuza, the family face ruin. But then Isak, a Christian minister, offers her a chance of salvation: a new life in Japan as his wife.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJean-Solwing at Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Friday, November 16, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (11/16/2018 UTC) at Adelaide, South Australia Australia

This is one of the best books I have read this year so it is very nice to pass it on to an interstate fellow bookcrosser over lunch!

Journal Entry 3 by wingromneywing at Semaphore, South Australia Australia on Monday, November 19, 2018
Picked up at lunch, thank you. (Just realised I had no idea what your Bookcrossing name was 🙂)

Journal Entry 4 by wingromneywing at Semaphore, South Australia Australia on Wednesday, November 28, 2018
I really enjoyed this book too! Just the fact I got through it in a few days tells the story, since mostly I have been too busy to read lately! Thank you for suggesting it to me Jean-Sol. Will take it with me to the next meet up.

Journal Entry 5 by wingromneywing at Cafe Amore in Adelaide, Meet-up -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 17, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2018 UTC) at Cafe Amore in Adelaide, Meet-up -- Controlled Releases

I hope this book makes someone's day. If it's not your kind of read, journal it, pass it on and join in the fun of watching books you have touched travel the world!