The Laws of Human Nature

by Robert Greene (author) | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by stubee of Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on 11/11/2018
Journal Entry 1 by stubee from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2018
WINNER OF THE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS BOOK AWARD 2019

From the million-copy bestselling author of The 48 Laws of Power
Robert Greene is a master guide for millions of readers, distilling ancient wisdom and philosophy into essential texts for seekers of power, understanding and mastery. Now he turns to the most important subject of all - understanding people's drives and motivations, even when they are unconscious of them themselves.

We are social animals. Our very lives depend on our relationships with people. Knowing why people do what they do is the most important tool we can possess, without which our other talents can only take us so far. Drawing from the ideas and examples of Pericles, Queen Elizabeth I, Martin Luther King Jr, and many others, Greene teaches us how to detach ourselves from our own emotions and master self-control, how to develop the empathy that leads to insight, how to look behind people's masks, and how to resist conformity to develop your singular sense of purpose.

Whether at work, in relationships, or in shaping the world around you, The Laws of Human Nature offers brilliant tactics for success, self-improvement, and self-defence.

Journal Entry 2 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, October 04, 2019
Time for a bit of self enlightenment - I started reading this beast of a book last night, currently around 41 pages in.