The Smartest Book in the World: A Lexicon of Literacy, A Rancorous Reportage, A Concise Curriculum of Cool

by Greg Proops | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 11/11/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, November 11, 2018
Found at The Book Thing of Baltimore.

Registered in Rockville, Maryland, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, January 17, 2020
A collection of snarkily described facts and anecdotes, often quite funny but always very acerbic.  It's actually really fun to read in parts, but wow is there ever so much baseball.  So much!  Seriously, if you don't care about baseball, this book may be a bit of a slog at times.  But Proops does work hard to make baseball history entertaining to people who don't care about it, and succeeds to a certain extent.  I wish there had been more general history and less, say, movie recommendations, but all in all it was decently enjoyable.  Just not enough to, say, convince me to start listening to his podcast.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at Panera at 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Panera at 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDerwoodsmanwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020
I picked up this hardback copy at the BCinDC BookCrossers' meet-up at Panera on Jefferson St. in Rockville. I plan to release it in one of the Little Free Libraries I steward at my Church. Thanks, melydia.