At Death's Window: A Shaw and Valentine police procedural (A Shaw and Valentine Mystery)

by Jim Kelly | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 10, 2018
When a body is discovered beneath the waves off Scolt Head island, the contents of the dead man's pockets lead Detective Inspector Peter Shaw to suspect an outbreak of 'samphire wars', a turf battle for control of the prized sea asparagus which sells for a small fortune along the affluent North Norfolk coast. Or does the killer merely want it to look that way?
Then the second body is found - and the simmering tensions underpinning this remote coastal community come bursting into the open … with devastating consequences.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
A well plotted book that ties up all the loose ends so the ending is really satisfying. However, I still prefer this author's Philip Dryden series as I seem to engage better with that set of characters.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Wygston’s House in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (1/28/2020 UTC) at Wygston’s House in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to today's mini meet.

If you've found this book and you're new to this, welcome to bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy looking around the bookcrossing site. If you decide to join bookcrossing (it's free, so no reason not to if you're interested!) please feel free to list me (Tanamo) as the member who referred you. Even if you don't join I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a quick journal note so I can see where the book ended up - you can do it anonymously if you wish.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Retrieved from the pile on the table as I’m always ready for a ‘Jim Kelly’