Trafficked: The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade

by Sophie Hayes | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 0008219559 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Pooker3 of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 11/8/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, November 08, 2018
Found in little free Library #2873. Thank you kind donor.

Journal Entry 2 by Pooker3 at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, December 01, 2018
This young woman's experience of being forced into prostitution is almost unbelievable. Pretty, white, middle-class, employed, with friends and suitors, a caring mother step-father, and siblings. Could an uncaring natural father have so damaged his daughter's psyche as to make her so vulnerable and desperate for love that she allows herself to be controlled and beaten and incapable of escaping when the opportunity to do so arises? Apparently so. I did not particularly care for Sophie but give her full marks for bravery in telling her story.

Journal Entry 3 by Pooker3 at Second Cup – Graham & Edmonton in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, December 01, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/1/2018 UTC) at Second Cup – Graham & Edmonton in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

To the finder of this book:
I hope you enjoy your new read.

Welcome, also, to the wonderful and wacky world of BookCrossing! Here you'll find a unique and worldwide community of book lovers sharing their books. This book is now yours! Read it, enjoy it. Keep it or pass it on to someone you know, return it to any Little Free Library or even release it into the wild. It is all up to you.

If you make a journal entry (you can do it anonymously or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!

Journal Entry 4 by wingwinnipegobczwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, December 01, 2018
This book is currently sitting on the Winnipeg Official Bookcrossing Zone bookshelf in Second Cup, 254 Edmonton St., Winnipeg MB.

It is waiting there for a new reader to take home, read, and release back into the wild!

Winnipeg bookcrossers meet at my location every month to chat about books, swap great reads, and release on the OBCZ shelves. Please join us! We love to see new faces! If you want to get notices of the meetings you can join our Facebook Group or our Yahoo Email Group! You will enjoy the comfy atmosphere, the fabulous coffees and teas, and the yummy treats!