Diary of an Ordinary Woman

by Margaret Forster | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/6/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 06, 2018
Margaret Forster presents the 'edited' diary of a woman, born in 1901, whose life spans the twentieth century. On the eve of the Great War, Millicent King begins to keep her journal and vividly records the dramas of everyday life in a family touched by war, tragedy, and money troubles. From bohemian London to Rome in the 1920s her story moves on to social work and the build-up to another war, in which she drives ambulances through the bombed streets of London.

From fantasticfiction.com

DIARY OF AN ORDINARY WOMAN by MARGARET FORSTER (2003) | ISBN: 9780099449287 / 9780099449287 | Publisher: Vintage (01/01/2004)

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (11/6/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

released...

Journal Entry 3 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (11/14/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

I posted this second WISH-LIST book in a three book parcel - WED 14 NOV 2018 - A surprise RABCK for Icila to accompany SHAKESPEARE’S COUNSELOR – CHARLAINE HARRIS. I hope this makes up for having to wait so long for the final book in Harris’s Lilly Bard story! Cheers rainbow3

Recent alterations to BX making it look like we cannot edit ‘Journal Entries’ I’m having to upgrade the info I made on this book by adding another release ‘Journal Entry’
---------------------

Margaret Forster’s novel presents the 'edited' diary of a woman, born in 1901, whose life spans the twentieth century. On the eve of the Great War, Millicent King begins to keep her journal and vividly records the dramas of everyday life in a family touched by war, tragedy, and money troubles. From bohemian London to Rome in the 1920s her story moves on to social work and the build-up to another war, in which she drives ambulances through the bombed streets of London. Here is twentieth-century woman in close-up coping with the tragedies and upheavals of women's lives from WWI to Greenham Common and beyond. A triumph of resolution and evocation, this is a beautifully observed story of an ordinary woman's life - a narrative where every word rings true. from fantasticfiction.com

Journal Entry 4 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Thank you rainbow3 for this wishlist book, much appreciated. Along with the 2 other books and you pretty hand-made bookmarks.

Journal Entry 5 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, December 01, 2018
I have mixed feelings about this one. The facts are well researched but I'm not so sure about the spirit of the time.
I usually don't read anything at the end of a book but as a matter of fact the book opened itself on the author's note and it spoiled the story for me.

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, May 23, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (5/24/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

In the enveloppe of the "Man or Woman in the title" bookring.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
This will stay in Finland for the time being. Thanks!