THE STAND (The Complete and Uncut Edition)

by Stephen King | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by AnnaDevika of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 11/5/2018
Journal Entry 1 by AnnaDevika from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 05, 2018
I'm not a huge Stephen King fan, not being a huge fan of horror books in general, but I do know him to be a great author, and The Stand absolutely blew me away. It is a stunningly complex novel, frighteningly real, with only a few hints at the supernatural. The story follows a few of the survivors of a mutated super-flu that kills most the world's population, and the two leaders that emerge for the remnants of humanity to flock to. It is a novel that had me asking and trying to answer some very deep and philosophical questions, and it is on my list of books that everyone needs to read.

Journal Entry 2 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (11/10/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released to Calgary bookcrossing group.

Journal Entry 3 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 11, 2018
Picked this up at the November Calgary BookCrossing meetup.

The Stand has always been on my radar, but never picked it up. Glad it came into the group!