Queen's Gambit

by Elizabeth Fremantle | History |
Registered by wingAbi-Gibbywing of Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on 11/2/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingAbi-Gibbywing from Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, November 2, 2018
Picked up from a friend back in 2015 who was a world book night giver.

I really enjoyed this superbly written book, I liked how the author gave a more accurate telling of Henry 8ths final years instead of playing it all down like other authors do. I also felt like it had a powerful image on how easily you could fall from grace at a drop of a hat and how unpredictable the King was. This book also shows us how bad things really were for women no matter whom there family's where

Released 2 yrs ago (11/23/2018 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Now off to a member of the Holiday Gift Giving exchange

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 3 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 28, 2018
A surprise HGG package arrived today, with this in it! Many thanks, Abi-Gibby.

Journal Entry 4 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 2, 2021
Historical novel from a period often chosen - but I agree with Abi Gibby: this one points out how vulnerable women were to their circumstances: it was easy to fall out of favour and live in fear. I read it for the 21 Ultimate reading and release challenge, and really enjoyed it.

Released 1 mo ago (6/1/2021 UTC) at Book exchange next to the Royal Oak Pub in Blisworth, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Left in the village book exchange, I hope that it finds an appreciative reader.