A MESSAGE FROM BRUCE: Data Breach
Please read Bruce's important message here (or go to the Announcements forum by your normal route) about stolen BookCrossing data from 2013 and before.

Unraveled Sleeve (Needlecraft Mysteries, No. 4)

by Monica Ferris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Brookler of Powell River, British Columbia Canada on 11/2/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Brookler from Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Friday, November 2, 2018
Happy HGG!

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, November 8, 2018
THANK YOU Brookler. You really made my day with this surprise. Have been getting over a rotten cold which has made me feel stressed about the small things. Your kindness has helped me put things in perspective.

Journal Entry 3 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 10, 2018
So I wolfed this down. I really love this series. I think of all the cosy mysteries series I've read, this is the only one where the amateur detective seems to feel the seriousness of the murders she encounters. She is a really sympathetic character, rather than being pushy, intrusive and nosy. I also LOVE the crafting elements! Thanks so much for sending me this one Brookler. It was EXACTLY what I needed. This is on a couple of other wishlists, so I plan to share the rabck love. :-)

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 16, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (11/15/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Annelis. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, December 10, 2018
Thank you very much for this book, kind Bookcrossers!
I wish you Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 15, 2020
I was delighted to find some familiar elements in the first half of the story. The first was the famous church in Barcelona though I never had time to queue my way into the Gaudi's Sacrada Familia. The second was the little huts on the ice for fishermen. I have never seen those, but I read about hut or tents in a Swedish detective story. They seem to be called shanties. A murdered man was found inside one of those.
The men in the picture are ice fishing in the center of Helsinki 2012. This is not possible every year. The sea is frozen seldom nowadays.

Now I continue reading.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 17, 2020
Oh, how I miss real winter with lots of snow! Winters were like that in my youth in Central Finland. Sometimes even in Kerava.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, December 18, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (12/18/2020 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Thank you very much for this wishlist book! Happy Holidays!

Journal Entry 10 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Monday, August 1, 2022
The book was quick to read and entertaining! This was the first Needlecraft mystery I’ve read so in the beginning that affected the reading a bit. I felt I was missing some essential information on the previous events. But when the mystery of this book started, it no longer mattered that I’ve not yet read the previous books.

Released 1 mo ago (8/5/2022 UTC) at syntymäpäivälahja (synttäriryhmä), A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Synttäriryhmä 2022. Belated birthday wishes and happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Thank you, Soozreader, for fulfilling seven of my wishes (eight, with woolly socks)!