I Is for Innocent

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 10/31/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 31, 2018
It was a Monday early in December when Kinsey Millhone first got involved in the Isabelle Barney murder case. She was out of work. Attorney Lonnie Klingman's usual private investigator had just dropped dead of a heart attack. Kinsey was more than happy to oblige. The trouble started on the very first day of the investigation. Either Kinsey's predecessor was incompetent - or someone had been getting away with murder. And next time it might turn out to be hers ...

I'm always very sad when I finish a Kinsey Millhone book. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying them I think it must be the writing, you feel like you know her.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, November 01, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (11/1/2018 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Sending on in the book spiral. Amended due to drop outs.

Lamelemon
reet petite
diane-fraser
Maranlin
Penelopewanders
Ollie1976 / earthcaroleanne

Journal Entry 4 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, November 24, 2018
Hitching a ride with the H book ;)

Journal Entry 5 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Friday, January 04, 2019
While it is likely that having some actual reading time in quite a while may have had something to do with my experience, the series does get better and better. Yes, it's a mystery novel and some things will always feel far-fetched. But I was really invested with most of the characters, remembered their names and perks, and most of the plot flowed properly even after the reveal. I guessed the murderer a few pages ahead of the confrontation, following the same reasoning that clicked. I noticed an improvement in style itself - there's more (and better) humour, things are fast-paced, the dialog feels natural.

Thanks for sharing, this was fun. Now if I can only unstick myself from the couch, I'll make sure H and I are packed and ready to travel tomorrow.

Journal Entry 6 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Friday, January 04, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (1/5/2019 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

All packed, posting tomorrow morning to ReetPetite.

Journal Entry 7 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 11, 2019
Thanks

Journal Entry 8 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 27, 2019
Had a PM from Diane-Fraser. She doesn't need 'I' so will send this to Maranlin.

Journal Entry 9 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 03, 2019
Seemed to be padded out with descriptions of California weather although I do like bits with Rosie in. Very twisty.
Going to Maranlin

Journal Entry 10 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 21, 2019
Received this book in the mail today from ReetPetite. Thank you very much for sending it, and also for the postcard!

Journal Entry 11 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 19, 2019
Another excellent read. I agree that the books get better with each new installment and I am really enjoying these books.

Journal Entry 12 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 20, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (7/20/2019 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Mailed today to penelopewanders who is next in the spiral. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, July 30, 2019
This has arrived in the Swiss Alps where I've made a lightning trip home - so can take this with me as I continue my holidays tomorrow. It looks like this heads to the States next, so I'll be happy to send from France with the book rates they have. Thanks so much for sending this on, and for making it available.

Journal Entry 14 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Saint-Loup-des Vignes, Centre France on Sunday, August 04, 2019
The spiral continues, and this will travel on to Ollie.... I have J, but will be receiving K at some point. I really liked Rhe and was disappointed when that potential friendship seemed to sour. I quite liked the idea of Kinsey taking art lessons. The ending here was a bit unexpected - at least for me - but I continue to enjoy Grafton's writing and look forward to reading J soon. Thanks again for getting this spiral going and for everyone who keeps it spinning.

Journal Entry 15 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (8/7/2019 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

This now leaves central France and heads off to the far side of the USA, continuing this spiral. Thanks to all. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by Ollie1976 at Hillsboro, Oregon USA on Wednesday, August 14, 2019
received as part of Grafton spiral