The Poison Tree

by Erin Kelly | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 10/29/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, October 29, 2018
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, October 29, 2018
"I have given up so much and done so many terrible things already for the sake of my family that I can only keep going. I do not know what is going to happen to us. I am frightened, but I feel strong. I have the strength of a woman who has everything to lose.

In the sweltering summer of 1997, strait-laced, straight-A student Karen met Biba – a bohemian and impossibly glamorous aspiring actress. She is quickly drawn into her Biba's world, and for a while, life was one long summer of love. But every summer must end. By the end of theirs, two people were dead – and now Karen's past has come back to haunt her ..."

This is a cancelled library book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, October 29, 2018
This started a little slow for me but the great strength of Erin Kelly's highly readable debut novel is the plotting. She manages to drip feed the reader with developments and clues throughout the book that keep the interest at a high level without falling into the trap of stretching the realms of belief. However, I don't understand why did Biba had such an attraction? I’m very sure her selfishness would have turned me off very quickly. In fact, none of the characters were very likeable.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 02, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/9/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the Old Gang Christmas Meetup.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Picked up at the Old Gang pre-Christmas meetup and destined for my obcz when I remove all the Christmas books.

Thanks

Journal Entry 6 by wingCassandra2020wing at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 17, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/17/2018 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 7 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 08, 2019
Retrieved from obcz