WHEN WE WERE ORPHANS

by Tekijä tuntematon | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkirjakkowing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 10/27/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingkirjakkowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 27, 2018
I have bought this from a book-sale years ago and never read it. I loved The Remains of the Day - the movie, but have read the book only partly, as it is very particular in details and very small in font. I then tried to read Ishiguro's other book with orphan theme - its name escapes me now - the one where these kids were kept as organ donors. Didn't like it at all, although everybody and his aunt seemed to. My Mom didn't, though. She said it was a strange book and I agree, strange in a negative way. [Edit: The book was Never Let Me Go].
So, when I saw this was on sannuli's wishlist (in Finnish), I think I can happily give the book forward. Do not know if it should be cathagorized under "mystery and crime" if the hero grows up to be a detective and returns to Shanghai to solve the mystery of his dissappeared parents?

Journal Entry 2 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 27, 2018

Released 5 yrs ago (10/27/2018 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'm gonna be late from the meet-up, but this is a good excuse... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, October 27, 2018
Thanks for a wishlist book!!

Journal Entry 4 by sannuli at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Skillfully written as usual but I’m missing something and it’s annoying. Ishiguro has always a point and here I’m just lost.