Helen and the Go-Go Ninjas

by Ant Sang, Michael Bennett | Graphic Novels |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 10/23/2018
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, October 23, 2018
One of (too many) books I bought at this year's word festival.

A fun story about powerful women, resilience, and the complications of time travel. My only complaint is that although it's recognisably set in Auckland, it felt like they were trying to make it not *too* New Zealand (maybe to appeal to the international market?), which leads to some really discordant moments, like a tui that says "caw caw" - which is about as unlike a tui song as you could possibly get!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Friday, November 09, 2018
Picked up while enjoying a meal with over 25 other bookcrossings, when we travelled to Hobart to explore the city together.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, November 11, 2018
Liked the graphics, a few things to consider about the story line (would the use of 'princess' be derogatory in a matriarch society? )

I enjoyed the continual interweaving of the present day visits on top of each other.

Recommended.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (11/13/2018 UTC) at Hobart, Tasmania Australia

Passed on to fellow bookcrossers as we await a plane, departing Hobart after a fun uncon .