Sourdough: A Novel

by Robin Sloan | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9780374203108 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 10/18/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, October 18, 2018
Reading now.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, October 22, 2018
This was a bit lighter than I was expecting, but it was fun to read. Kind of a fluffy little book. I did enjoy the first half more than the second half. This was my first Robin Sloan novel and I enjoyed it enough to want to pick up "Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore" at some point.

Released 1 yr ago (11/2/2018 UTC) at RABCK, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out as a RABCK to Allebasi15, who had it on their wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Allebasi15 at -- Wild released somewhere in state, Iowa USA on Wednesday, November 07, 2018
Received this book from ReallyBookish and excited to read it!

Journal Entry 5 by Allebasi15 at -- Wild released somewhere in state, Iowa USA on Monday, November 19, 2018
I really enjoyed this quirky little book as a sourdough lover myself. It was really fun, but also had very nice message in it and I will definitely recommend it to friends.

Journal Entry 6 by Allebasi15 at -- Mail or by hand-ring, RABCK, meetings, Wisconsin USA on Friday, November 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (11/23/2018 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-ring, RABCK, meetings, Wisconsin USA

Thanks to ReallyBookish for letting me borrow this book! It was an absolutely delightful and entertaining read! It's on its way back to you now.

Journal Entry 7 by wingReallyBookishwing at Ambler, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, November 26, 2018
Received safely today. Thank you!

Released 1 yr ago (11/26/2018 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out to Azuki to fulfill a wish. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, December 07, 2018
Wow~~!! Thank you so much!! I am so excited to receive this.
I enjoy Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore very much, and I simply love bread - I love bread in its toothsome, chewy, doughy, yeasty, holey, wheaty glory... don't talk gluten free to me! So when I read in the newspaper review that the author has a new book about bread, I know I want to read it!

Thank you, thank you!!

Journal Entry 10 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 08, 2019
I love this book! I love it more than Mr. Penumbra, probably because Lois, a girl living alone with a cactus, learning to bake bread, is so much more identifiable for me. It makes me want to have a dough of my own. But then I realize that I do make my own yogurt and kombucha, so yes I do have some happy cultures living with me. Even if they haven't shown their smily faces yet.

I planned to read this for the food bookbox, but midway I was enjoying it so much, I want to share it at the swap at the BC con. After finishing the book, it becomes clear to me... yes, I think the dough would love very much to visit Germany.

Journal Entry 11 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, April 19, 2019
Guess what, my friend gifted me a sourdough starter! It's living happily in my fridge. Unfortunately, I am not as capable a baker as Lois, so only half of my bread is good. The other half, while they did expand quite a lot when fermenting, turned out too dense after baking. : ( Still trying...

Meanwhile, this book is all packed up for its trip!

Journal Entry 12 by wingEnitnajwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2019
I won this book in the bookswapgame, looking forward to reading it. I’m a bit of hobby-baker, so it seems very nice!

Journal Entry 13 by wingEnitnajwing at Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Thursday, January 16, 2020
The start was a bit tough, I thought, and it wasn’t clear to me in the beginning who the main character was. But gradually the story grew on me, which ofcourse is quite fitting for a book about sourdough. And then I couldn’t put it down anymore... Loved it!
I love baking, but never used a starter. But I’m tempted now... (although...)
Thanks, I’ll try to find a suitable next reader :-)

Journal Entry 14 by wingEnitnajwing at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 18, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I’m taking this book to the new -year’s-meet-up in Amsterdam this afternoon and will highly recommend it, so I hope it will find a nice new reader!

Journal Entry 15 by wingoehoeboeroewing at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 18, 2020
Enitnaj really highly recommended this book, so it's now with me! And after reading janna2 and bookguide want te read it too. You did a good job Enitnaj :-)

Journal Entry 16 by wingoehoeboeroewing at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
No, I'm not going to make a starter to bake my own bread, but I've got to confess I was considering it........ Great how Robin (who turned out to be a man, I saw it later and didn't expect) told about the fascination with baking bread and everything else Lois experienced!
here a link with a moving cover :-)

Journal Entry 17 by wingoehoeboeroewing at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, February 24, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/24/2020 UTC) at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

lunch with janna2, so this book is now with her :-)

Journal Entry 18 by wingjanna2wing at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Last monday I got this book from Oehoeboeroe during lunch, now it's on my Mount TBR!