The Bear and The Nightingale

by Katherine Arden | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLamillawing of St. Petersburg/Санкт-Петербург, St. Petersburg (Federal City) Russia on 10/12/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing from St. Petersburg/Санкт-Петербург, St. Petersburg (Federal City) Russia on Saturday, October 12, 2019
Ordered from amazon as a replacement copy for a ring

Travelling order:
book 1 - The Bear and the Nightingale - travelling

LysMibo (Ireland) - done
ULRK (Romania) - done
Jotka (DE) - done
mcsar (Canada) - done
penelopewanders (CH) - done

The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, October 12, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (10/12/2019 UTC) at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 3 by LysMibo at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Thank you so much for replacing the book so it can continue to travel Lamilla! The book is with me and will start reading it this week.

Journal Entry 4 by LysMibo at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, November 14, 2019
I really enjoyed this book and I am anxious to read the next one! I love this kind of fantasy that makes magic very subtle and very real at the same time. Thanks for sharing this book!!! I will be sending to the next reader as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 5 by wingULRKwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, December 07, 2019
The book arrived some days ago in Bucharest while I was out of town.
I will see that I read it over the Christmas days.

Journal Entry 6 by wingULRKwing at Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Thursday, January 23, 2020

Released 10 mos ago (1/24/2020 UTC) at Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany

On the flight to Germany today I finished the book.
I will ship it in the comming days to jotka.

Journal Entry 7 by Jotka at Cottbus, Brandenburg Germany on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
The book arrived yesterday. Thank you very much for sending it.

Journal Entry 8 by Jotka at Gubin, Lubuskie Poland on Sunday, March 08, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (3/7/2020 UTC) at Gubin, Lubuskie Poland

On its way to mcsar.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, May 23, 2020
The book arrived. It is a good time to read something magical. I will start on it soon.

Journal Entry 10 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Monday, July 06, 2020
Beautiful writing. Eager for the second installment to come. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 11 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 11, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (7/10/2020 UTC) at Richmond, British Columbia Canada

On its way to penelopewanders. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, August 18, 2020
This, as suggested by mcsar, was waiting for me when I returned from holiday yesterday. This looks super... thanks so much for making it available and for sending. I think this is a ring, so it goes back to lamilla when I'm done? I am being plunged into work, so hopefully I will find leisure reading time soon!

Journal Entry 13 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, October 04, 2020
This is here as a bookcrossing spiral and is rather difficult to categorize. Part fairy tale, part plunge into a dark ages Rus' (not yet Russia), this tale of demons and those who can see them, as well as those who would see angels and God(s), is unusual and moving. It did not capture me immediately, but the valiant heroine is hard to resist - even for the painter of Icons. A strange and bewitching story.

Thanks for making this available and to everyone for sending it on. The origami birds which sometimes flew out from the pages somehow added to the magic here - thanks to whoever slid them in.
I don't know quite what the fate of this is meant to be - does it go back to lamilla or should it head elsewhere? Please let me know.

Journal Entry 14 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/21/2020 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

Dutch-book asked to join this ring, so this was driven from Switzerland to France and from there it has been posted to The Netherlands. Enjoy!
Thanks so much for making this spiral available.

Journal Entry 15 by wingdutch-bookwing at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, October 24, 2020
Quick journey, because it fell on the mat today, with a thump, the sound of a big, nice book that I'm hoping I will enjoy! Thanks, will be read soon.