The Cookbook Collector

by Allegra Goodman | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingjanna2wing of Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 10/1/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingjanna2wing from Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, October 01, 2018
It's not my cup of tea, I didn't finish the book! Maybe somebody else will enjoy the book.

Samenvatting

Two sisters, opposite in every way: twenty-eight-year-old Emily is a CFO of an internet start-up, twenty-three-year-old Jess is a graduate student in philosophy. Pragmatic Emily is making a fortune in Silicon Valley, romantic Jess works in an antiquarian bookstore. Emily's boyfriend is fantastically successful. Jess's boyfriend is an environmental activist. But the dot-com bubble must burst, while Jess's work on a cache of rare cookbooks uncovers strange erotic drawings and marginalia that bring her closer to their mysterious collector...

Rich in ideas and characters, The Cookbook Collector is a novel of substitutions: reading cookbooks instead of cooking, speculating instead of creating, collecting instead of living. But above all it is about holding on to what is real in a virtual world: love that lasts.

Released 1 mo ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

This book travels with me from Holland to Germany. In Mainz it will find a place on the Bookbuffet during the Covention 2019.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcoco7wing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, May 01, 2019
Taken home from the convention. I was intrigued by the title when I walked by the book tables several times. When the book was still there on Saturday night I grabbed it.