Camp X: Shell Shocked

by Eric Walters | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 10/1/2018
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 01, 2018
I bought this book at a local charity shop this evening. I have read a couple of other books in the Camp X series, but I've never encountered this one before. I have a few things to read on a deadline and I'm working on a big research project right now so it might take me a little while to get to this, but I will get to it eventually!

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 11, 2018
I just finished reading this book. Like the other books I've read from the Camp X series, I enjoyed it. I haven't read all of them but you don't *really* need to have read the others; they stand pretty well on their own.

Geared at readers younger than myself, these books are exciting adventure stories set in a pretty intriguing time & place from Canadian history. I'm really excited to have found this one now because I've learned of a newly opened place that I think will be a pretty perfect release spot for this. I'm not sure when I will get there, but hopefully I will be able to stop by within the next few weeks. I'm setting the book's status to "Reserved" for now.

Journal Entry 3 by JessicaEby at Pat Bayly Square in Ajax, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (10/13/2018 UTC) at Pat Bayly Square in Ajax, Ontario Canada

My dad suddenly needed my husband and me to go to Whitby for him today, which gave me a great opportunity to stop and leave this book just where I was hoping to leave it in Ajax!

The newly opened Pat Bayly Square seemed like the perfect release spot for this because it's named for an important man with a Camp X connection, and the action of this particular Camp X book takes place in/around Defence Industries Limited, which once occupied the site that is now Pat Bayly Square. I left the book in a protective bag, suspended from the hand of one of the linewomen on the War Workers monument.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of the 2018 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge. Ajax was Town #38 for me!