Our Man in Havana

by Graham Greene | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: NA Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNakipawing of Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 9/30/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingNakipawing from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Sunday, September 30, 2018
From goodreads.com

"First published in 1959, Our Man in Havana is an espionage thriller, a penetrating character study, and a political satire that still resonates to this day. Conceived as one of Graham Greene's 'entertainments,' it tells of MI6's man in Havana, Wormold, a former vacuum-cleaner salesman turned reluctant secret agent out of economic necessity. To keep his job, he files bogus reports based on Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare and dreams up military installations from vacuum-cleaner designs. Then his stories start coming disturbingly true."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNakipawing at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (10/10/2018 UTC) at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal

Travel, little book, to your next reader. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, November 01, 2018
The book arrived yesterday. I am very intrigued by the description and look forward to reading this. I have not read an 'entertainment' of Greene.

Thanks for your generous RABCK.

------------------------------
Updated January 19, 2019

This is a great fun read. Very entertaining.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (2/6/2019 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner of the Global sweeps. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 5 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Friday, March 01, 2019
Thanks for this book, it arrived safely with me in Sweden

Journal Entry 6 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (6/19/2019 UTC) at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden

This entertaining little book continues its travels as part of the Town & Country bookring.

I always try to post my controlled releases with real stamps. If you are not a collector yourself, you might want to check out this post on the forum about a stamps sweeps that I organised (now closed) or this one about Bookcrossers who collect stamps. A lot of Bookcrossers collect stamps for charity, so it’s nice to find them a good home!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, June 24, 2019
This one will stay in Finland for the time being. Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by LiskoMiettinen at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Monday, July 22, 2019
I don't know why I took this because I have translation of this book in my bookshelf.

Maybe I try to took this somewhere where this find new readers.