Where the Red Fern Grows

by Wilson Rawls | Children's Books |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 9/26/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, September 26, 2018
From Amazon for approx. 7.19 plus tax

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Monday, October 01, 2018
7 3/4. Wonderful story about a young boy and the 2 coon hounds he raises. A real heartbreak at the end.

The following description is from Amazon:
Billy has long dreamt of owning not one, but two, dogs. So when he’s finally able to save up enough money for two pups to call his own—Old Dan and Little Ann—he’s ecstatic. It doesn’t matter that times are tough; together they’ll roam the hills of the Ozarks.
Soon Billy and his hounds become the finest hunting team in the valley. Stories of their great achievements spread throughout the region, and the combination of Old Dan’s brawn, Little Ann’s brains, and Billy’s sheer will seems unbeatable. But tragedy awaits these determined hunters—now friends—and Billy learns that hope can grow out of despair, and that the seeds of the future can come from the scars of the past.

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Friday, October 12, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (10/12/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

3 a wk challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)

ok