The Inspector and Mrs Jeffries

by Emily Brightwell | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkirjakkowing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 9/23/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingkirjakkowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, September 23, 2018
Bought from the Heart Foundation's charity shop in St Ives earlier this week. I have read one book of the same series before.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 06, 2018
A fast read, began last evening and already half is gone. Just here to comment that it annoys me a little that the Inspector's simplessness is so underlined. It was the same in the firts book I read, but if it is going to be like this all through the thirty odd books she has written, I won't be reading more of them. Mrs Jeffries and her staff could still be doing all they are doing now, but with less ado. This way the writer seems to be underestimating the intellegence of the reader.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 07, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (10/8/2018 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Finished in Sipoo. Will offer this to Annelis next, she got my previous book of the same series as well.
We also had ipecac under the name Ipeca, used for making children and dogs vomit things they should not have eaten. It wasn't very effective, but for some reason it was withdrawn from the market, so now people can only use salt or diluted peroxide to make their dogs vomit (don't know what they recommend for kids nowadays). Luckily we at the vets have other means, as neither of those two is very nice.

Journal Entry 4 by Annelis at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 08, 2018
Well well, someone paid a visit while I was taking care of Sisu.
Thank you for the book, Kirjakko!

Journal Entry 5 by Annelis at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 11, 2019
A nice story to read. I like Mrs. Jeffries very much. But in my opinion the Inspector is so simple or stupid that it is getting on my nerves little by little. The Inspector could be brighter and still in need of some help from his household. There are a lot of books in this series and I knew nothing about them until Kirjakko brought me two copies.
I was wondering what kind of horse drawn vehicle is hansom. Google helped me to find some pictures of it.

Journal Entry 6 by Annelis at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 11, 2019
Sometimes the persons travelled on some omnibus. I found a picture of omnibus as well. It looks a little bit different than our Onnibussi.

Journal Entry 7 by Annelis at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (3/12/2019 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Miittiin mukaan.
Lukuiloa!

Journal Entry 8 by Annelis at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 24, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (3/23/2019 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

The book seems to be ready for a journey as nobody wanted to take it at the meet-up.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Sunday, March 24, 2019
The Inspector and Mrs Jeffries made a little detour on their way to Joensuu. They got to see Tallinn first. This is Majasmokk, the oldest Cafe there (estb. 1864).

Journal Entry 10 by wingkirjakkowing at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Sunday, March 24, 2019
Mrs Jeffries got new ideas for preparing crepes.

Journal Entry 11 by wingkirjakkowing at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Sunday, March 24, 2019
And Inspector got to pay the bill. It was handed to him in elegantly in a book-shaped wooden box.

Journal Entry 12 by wingkirjakkowing at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Sunday, March 24, 2019
There was a dog show also at the same time. We only saw these...

Journal Entry 13 by wingkirjakkowing at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Sunday, March 24, 2019
...two.

Journal Entry 14 by wingkirjakkowing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Sunday, March 24, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (3/24/2019 UTC) at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland

Off to Joensuu next. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, March 28, 2019
Thank you very much for this book!