The Wildflowers

by Harriet Evans | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sandyundead of Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on 9/16/2018
Journal Entry 1 by sandyundead from Bydgoszcz, Kujawsko-Pomorskie Poland on Sunday, September 16, 2018
Tony and Althea Wilde. Glamorous, argumentative ... adulterous to the core.

They were my parents, actors known by everyone. They gave our lives love and colour in a house by the sea - the house that sheltered my orphaned father when he was a boy.

But the summer Mads arrived changed everything. She too had been abandoned and my father understood why. We Wildflowers took her in.

My father was my hero, he gave us a golden childhood, but the past was always going to catch up with him ... it comes for us all, sooner or later.

This is my story. I am Cordelia Wilde. A singer without a voice. A daughter without a father. Let me take you inside.
---
This was an interesting family saga, which kept me guessing throughout. The different time periods were connected well, and I always knew where I was in the story. The blurb makes it seem like it's told from Cordelia's point of view, which it isn't, but apart from that it's a pretty good taster.
Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis!