The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

by Rebecca Skloot | Nonfiction |
Registered by jessibud of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 9/14/2018
Journal Entry 1 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 14, 2018
A gripping, heart-breaking and very well researched story of racism and exploitation in the 1950s.
From the blurb on the cover:

*Doctors took her cells without asking. These cells never died. They launched a medical revolution and a multimillion-dollar industry. More than twenty years later, her children found out. Their lives would never be the same.*

I actually listened to this book as an audiobook while on a road trip. It was so riveting that we didn't want to get out of the car!

What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it into the wild like I did.

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (it's free!) and if you do, please consider using any previous reader of this book, or me, jessibud, as the member who referred you. Or you may remain anonymous!

If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book! Either way, I hope you'll journal so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Thanks, and happy Crossing!

Journal Entry 2 by jessibud at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 15, 2018
Will bring this to the meetup tomorrow.

Journal Entry 3 by miss-efficiency at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Picked this up at BC Toronto meetup. Looking forward to reading it!