The Story of Ferdinand

by Munro Leaf | Children's Books |
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 10/5/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Friday, October 05, 2018
Chosen from a Little Free Library on Hume Ave. in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, VA.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Thursday, November 01, 2018
Such a sweet story! The illustrations are the best, though. I particularly like the corks growing on the cork tree! Hahaha! And the look in that poor bee’s eye! Love it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSpatialwing at BCinDC, Holiday Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 15, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at BCinDC, Holiday Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

One of the books for the Book Buffet
at the BCinDC Holiday Party!

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, December 17, 2018
Picked this book up off the book buffet because I have vague memories of reading and loving the story of Ferdinand when I was a child. Plus I am a sucker for board books.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Thursday, January 17, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (1/19/2019 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA

This book was one of my favorites as a child. It was nice to have a chance to get reacquainted with Ferdinand. I am taking him to meet-up with me.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 19, 2019
I read this aloud at today's BCinDC meetup. It's just as charming as I remembered it being. I, too, want to sit under a cork tree and smell the flowers.

Journal Entry 7 by ResQgeek at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 20, 2019
I had never heard of Ferdinand until I watched "The Blind Side", which includes a scene about this book. Since then, I did see the movie adaptation of this book, so I suppose it is now time to actually read this book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 20, 2019
melydia read this book out loud at the BCinDC meetup today, though it's one I remember fondly from my childhood. I always loved that Ferdinand knew what he liked and wasn't going to pretend to be anything different. It's okay to be different!

I didn't go home with this book at the end of the meetup.

Journal Entry 9 by ZafontheBear at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 20, 2019
BookCrosser melydia read this book out loud during the BCinDC meetup today! What a treat! It was a great story :-)

Journal Entry 10 by ResQgeek at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, January 21, 2019
Ferdinand isn't like the other bulls. He doesn't run, and jump, and butt heads with the other bulls. He just wants to sit in the shade and smell the flowers. And even when he's dragged to the bull fighting arena, he remains more interested in smelling the flowers than in fighting, to the frustration of the Banderilleros, and the Picadores, and the Matador. But Ferdinand didn't care, because all he cared about was the flowers.

Perhaps we should all be a bit more like Ferdinand, and remember the pleasure of just smelling the flowers!