The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love

by Jill Conner Browne | Humor |
Registered by eponine454 of Yorktown, Virginia USA on 4/2/2004
Journal Entry 1 by eponine454 from Yorktown, Virginia USA on Friday, April 02, 2004
This book was absolutely hysterical...I'm pretty much from the south and while I'm not exactly like these women, I can definitely see bits and pieces of them in almost every woman I know. I had to be careful when I read this book because at the time I was working backstage at a theatre, running shows, and this book would make me burst out laughing at inopportune moments!

I'm making it into a bookring and hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did. :)

Journal Entry 2 by eponine454 from Yorktown, Virginia USA on Monday, April 12, 2004
This book is on its way to casseytara for my second official bookring. I hope it's enjoyed by all. :) Check my profile for it's current location.

Journal Entry 3 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Received today and can't wait to get started! It looks like it's going to be a quick read!

Journal Entry 4 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, May 10, 2004
Very amusing! I actually thought the book was going to be a novel, but I wasn't disappointed in it. Some of the lines I want to remember so I can spout them at opportune moments!

Waiting for mom-of-one to send her address and then it's on it's way! Thanks eponine454 for sharing with us!

Journal Entry 5 by Mom-of-one from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, May 21, 2004
I received this book last week and have already finished reading it. At first I thought I wasnt going to like it at all because the Sweet Potato Queens seem to be the exact opposite of me. As I continued reading, though, I found myself laughing out loud and enjoying the sassiness of all the "Tammy's". To make this entry short: this book was a lot of fun, gave lots of good advice concerning men (although I don't think I would ever consider using the "magic words" guaranteed to get any man to do my bidding) and included some fabulously sinful recipes. However, I think the true moral of this book was: Never piss in a bowl when you're a guest at a stranger's house!
Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to meet the Queens!