Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by notbob of Omaha, Nebraska USA on 9/4/2018
Journal Entry 1 by notbob from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018
I bought this from the Swanson Branch of the Omaha Public Library today.

The birth of Jesus has been well chronicled, as have his glorious teachings, acts, and divine sacrifice after this thirtieth birthday. But no one knows about the early life of the Son of God, the missing years - except Biff, the Messiah's best bud, who has been resurrected to tell the story in this divinely hilarious yet heartfelt work "reminiscent of Vonnegut and Douglas Adams" (Philadelphia Inquirer).

Verily, the story Biff has to tell is a miraculous one, filled with remarkable journeys, magic, healings, kung fu, corpse reanimations, demons, and hot babes. Even the considerable wiles and devotion of the Savior's pal may not be enough to divert Joshua from his tragic destiny. But there's no one who loves Josh more - except maybe "Maggie," Mary of Magdala - and Biff isn't about to let this extraordinary pal suffer an ascend without a fight.

Journal Entry 2 by notbob at Orpheum Theatre in Omaha, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2019 UTC) at Orpheum Theatre in Omaha, Nebraska USA

I'm on my way to see Jesus Christ Superstar... I've been wanting to read this book, but it just jumped off the shelf and demanded to be released tonight! I hope someone finds it and appreciates it, this looks like a really funny book.