The Road Out: Musings from a Southern Wanderlust

by Ginger M. Sullivan | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 1457561999 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 9/4/2018
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018
Book Description: The Road Out: Musings From a Southern Wanderlust features a collection of poignant essays about one woman’s quest to leave her southern culture behind in search of something more. Told in a memoir-like style, it speaks to the psychological underpinning of universal life truths. Inside, you’ll find moving moments, humorous anecdotes, and deeply personal accounts of Author and Psychotherapist Ginger Sullivan’s winding journey to find herself and reconcile her feelings about her southern roots, her familial bonds and her place in this world.

“I was hooked on this book from the preface, and I really related to her on a deep level about how showing our thoughts makes us human. After finishing the preface, I was really interested to read the personal stories she shared and they absolutely didn’t disappoint! Her stories were wonderful. It’s clear that she opened her heart for these pieces and it shows. I felt her emotions and experiences through her words and that’s what makes writing great. Her struggles are both uniquely hers and incredibly relatable. Readers will see themselves and their problems mirrored in her words and it will keep them coming back for more. This collection of essays is entertaining, engaging, and emotional.

I won this book in a giveaway from Goodreads. I plan to give a completely honest opinion after I read it.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, September 11, 2018
My Review: This was a really interesting and honest book. It felt like the author was thinking, 'Should I be really honest and put it all out there?' It felt to me that she was truly honest in her writing. Being from the South I could relate at least a little bit to all of the essays.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library - Bells Ferry Rd in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, November 29, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (11/29/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library - Bells Ferry Rd in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library on Noonday Creek Trail near Downtown Woodstock Enjoy the book!